Pinterest quickly became one of my favorite social media websites. I realized this powerful tool had the ability for me to put everything I loved on the internet, all in one place! Over the years, Pinterest tweaked and trimmed their program to make it robust and responsive. I search for things on Pinterest just like I would on Google when I’m looking for recipes, style advice, blogging tips and even advice for entrepreneurs like myself. Shopping on the website is also so easy and fun! I’ve purchased many items I found on a Pinterest board and they were amazing items I wouldn’t have found without it.
One of the biggest questions I get is “Does my business need to be on all of the social media networks?” The answer is very simple. No. Your business should be on the appropriate social media platforms that will maximize your ability to bring traffic, sales and new fans to your business.
So, should your business be on Pinterest?
- Your business has an e-commerce site or a retail business. Make sure it is maximized for Pinterest and allows for easy pinning.
- Your business is very visual. Think photography, designers, culinary experts, event planners, marketing, beauty salons and hair/nail/spa experts.
- Your business has a blog that brings traffic to your site. Create graphics to correspond with the content and pin them.
- Your clients are women. 92% of Pins are made by women.
- Your business is blogging. You absolutely must be on Pinterest!
- You have time to make quality pins that will make your company stand out in the world of pins. It doesn’t take much but you either need someone who knows what they are doing or you want to take the time to figure it out yourself.
Stay tuned for even more posts and information on Pinterest! I’m working on content for all of the social media sites to help entrepreneurs and small business owners.